About the course
We will balance both lectures with lab work using phantoms. During the labs, the attendees will learn to use the functions of the ultrasound machines provided. During this course you will be taught all the skills you need to perform Echocardiography in your General Practice, such as: how to evaluate all four chambers and valves in different sections, how to make M-Mode Measurements and how to use the Colourflow Doppler.
Each attendee will be required to take a turn at the keyboards and transducers during the lab period. Being an interactive course it can be readily adjusted to meet the needs of all attendees.
Once the learning has finished, each day we will help you to immerse yourself in a coastal outdoor activity experience.
By the end of the course, the attendees will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Preparing and Positioning the Patient.
- Positioning the Transducer and moving the Ultrasound beam.
- Making M-Mode Measurements.
- Evaluating Mitral and Tricuspid Valves.
- Using Pulsed and Continuous Wave Doppler.
- Evaluating Aorta and Pulmonary Valve.
- Evaluating sections of all four chambers, both in short and long axis.
- Use of Colourflow Doppler.
No experience in this particular branch of Ultrasound is required.