Farm practice economics- running a veterinary practice in a reduced antibiotic environment
Provided by British Veterinary Association
About the course
This course will examine the impact of changes within the farm sector on practice sustainability and how practices can adapt and develop to deliver the services to meet the future needs of the farming industry.
The skills of the future farm practitioner will require an increased use of consultancy and understanding of both farm and practice economics.
To be successful an expanded range of techniques and tools will be required to successfully engage farmers to invest in veterinary led health programs.
The five key things delegates will learn from this course are:
- A refresher on practice economics and structure
- Techniques to assess the robustness and health of your own practice
- How to manage change and successfully reducing antibiotic usage and using health contracts to help protect the bottom line.
- How to use motivational interviewing and understanding client types to achieve behaviour change
- How to identifying profit opportunities as a tool to engage farmers