About the course
Registration will open at 09.30, with the course starting at 10.00. The course will finish at 16.00.
This course will cover management of the surgical or trauma patient’s pain. We will consider initial stabilisation, pre-surgical management, intraoperative analgesia and post-operative pain management.
The theoretical basis of effective pain management, including core pharmacology, will be illustrated with case-based examples. Specific techniques covered will include epidural and other loco-regional techniques, the use of ‘constant’ rate infusions.
The impact of non-pharmacological interventions on pain management will be reviewed in the context of the veterinary practice.
The five key things delegates will learn from this course are:
- How to identify painful patients and situations when pain may be anticipated
- How to understand the core pharmacology of key analgesic drugs and how this influences drug selection
- How to identify appropriate loco-regional techniques for common scenarios, and understand how to apply them
- When constant rate infusions are appropriate and how to use them most effectively
- Develop an understanding of pain management beyond the use of analgesic drugs
Early bird for Member £200 (including VAT) Standard for Member £235 (including VAT)
Non-member Early bird N/A Standard for Non-member £395 (including VAT)
Early bird rate applies to bookings made more than eight weeks in advance of the course date