About the course
It is often said we live in stressful times. Clients’ expectations are high; veterinary fees are not inexpensive; “I thought you cared about animals!”; there is just so much to achieve in every 24 hours.
Different people find different situations stressful. This course will explore the skills required for you to understand clients’ concerns and expectations, and to achieve a genuine shared understanding on a way forward.
The day will be spent working in small groups in a fun and safe environment. Christine and Geoff will be accompanied by professional simulated clients who will bring a sense of reality to the day and will provide you with direct feedback, to help you develop the skills needed to defuse stressful situations.
Please note there is a maximum of 20 places available on this course.
The five key things delegates will learn from this course are:
- How to deal with angry people
- How to prepare clients for the death of their pet
- How to deal with clients who cannot afford to have their pet treated
- How to deal with talkative and reticent clients
- How to deal with unexpected outcomes e.g. a higher than expected bill, a poor prognosis, emotional clients or different advice from that of a colleague