About the course
Your client presents you with a list of ‘wants’, you have a separate list of what you perceive that client ‘needs’. How do you bridge the gap? How do you achieve concordance and compliance?
By exploring a client’s ideas, concerns and expectations we can discover what it is that stands in the way of finding a solution to deal with both the client’s unease and our patient’s disease.
The day will be spent working in small groups in a fun and safe environment. Christine and Geoff will be accompanied by professional simulated clients who will bring a sense of reality to the day. They will provide you with direct feedback to help you develop the skills to convince clients about the plan.
Please note there is a maximum of 20 places available on this course.
The five key things delegates will learn from this course are:
- How to identify client's ideas, concerns and expectations
- How to convert a client's 'wants' into 'needs'
- How to improve rates of concordance and compliance
- How to ensure that clients have understood the plan
- How to determine client's starting points and how to then motivate their behaviour