Lymphoma and soft tissue sarcoma - a multimodal approach to two common tumours
Provided by British Veterinary Association
About the course
Lymphoma and soft tissue sarcoma are commonly encountered tumour types in small animal practice. Optimum management of patients with these tumours requires an understanding of tumour biology, diagnostic techniques and knowledge of the therapeutic options.
This course will provide an overview of the approach to investigation and management of these tumour types, with a multimodal approach to therapy. The differing roles of chemotherapy and surgery in managing cancer will be discussed.
The course will also look at options for reconstructing simple and more challenging wounds.
The five key things delegates will learn from this course are:
- The approach to the cancer patient
- The role of chemotherapy in managing cancer
- The role of surgery in managing cancer
- Decision-making in the management of lymphoma and sarcomas
- Practical guidelines for reconstructing simple and complex wounds