About the course
Sometimes you have time to prepare yourself to deliver bad news to clients, sometimes you have very little time. Sometimes the client is expecting that bad news, sometimes it comes like a bolt out of the blue.
How do you best deliver bad news? How do you fire that warning shot? How important is it to give your client time and space to absorb bad news?
This course will help you answer these questions. The day will be spent working in small groups in a fun and safe environment. Christine and Geoff will be accompanied by professional simulated clients who will bring a sense of reality to the course. They will provide you with direct feedback to help you develop the skills to deliver bad news to clients.
Please note there is a maximum of 20 places available on this course.
- The five key things delegates will learn from this course are:
- How to cope with an unexpected anaesthetic death
- How to tell a client that their pet has a terminal illness
- How to console clients
- How to discuss euthanasia with reluctant clients
- How to explore what the client already knows and their expectations prior to delivering the difficult news