About the course
The course will focus on causes and prevention of laminitis, bringing you absolutely up to date in this arena of rapidly changing and frequently confusing clinical diagnostic choices. You will learn which tests to select under which circumstances, and which treatment and management approaches to employ. We will also provide a practical explanation of hyperlipaemia, including therapeutic options.
The five key things delegates will learn from this course are:
- The underlying causes and risk factors for laminitis
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of the various endocrine tests?
- Which management changes should be implemented in Equine Metabolic Syndrome (EMS) and Pituitary Pars Intermedia Dysfunction (PPID) cases?
- What are the medical options in EMS and PPID
- Why do ponies get hyperlipaemia and how should it be approached?