About the course
Exotic pets are increasingly presented for veterinary care. Owners nowadays are often well-educated about their animal’s needs and will shop around to find an exotics-friendly vet.
This course will look at the most common small mammal, bird and reptile consults which may be seen. A logical approach to these different cases will be discussed. Some of the consults that will be covered are hindlimb weakness in ferrets, feather pecking in parrots and post-hibernation anorexia in tortoises.
The five key things delegates will learn from this course are:
- A logical approach to the exotic pet consult
- How to recognise emergencies in exotic pets
- How to formulate initial diagnostic plans for common conditions
- How to formulate initial treatment plans for common conditions
- How to deal with the more challenging exotic pet consults