At the end of the modules, candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- A sound working knowledge of the common health and management problems and their epidemiology in the minor poultry species and in game birds.
- Strategies for diagnosis, disease prevention and control.
- A sound working knowledge of hatcheries and incubation and the identification and prevention of hatchery/incubation problems.
- A good understanding of the welfare and health issues in hatching poultry and in day old chicks
- A sound working knowledge of the legislative requirements applicable to poultry production, processing and product export, and a sound understanding of the legislation relevant to zoonoses and notifiable diseases.
- A thorough understanding of primary processing, further processing, meat inspection, and hygiene issues.
- The identification of the common causes of downgrades and rejects and the development of strategies to minimize loses.
- The welfare issues related to poultry slaughter and the means to audit the process.
Full module details can be accessed by downloading the Module Oultine below: