Candidates should have a sound grounding in the relevant areas of practice:
- Understand the structure and financial drivers of the pig industry, to be familiar with different production systems and associated non-infectious diseases.
- To demonstrate the role of the veterinarian in diagnosing, preventing and controlling non-infectious diseases
They also need to develop the skills needed to create case studies that demonstrate the following competencies:
- The written communication skills required to present case studies
- An ability to demonstrate their competence in observation, data collection, analysis, reasoning, decision-making and advice delivery in the area under discussion
- Reflective skills that enable them to understand the issues raised by the case and their practice more generally, what they learnt from it.