Candidates should have a sound grounding in the relevant areas of practice:
- To gain a sound understanding of the principles of reproduction obstetrics, parturition and breeding herd management.
- To demonstrate the role of the veterinarian in optimizing herd productivity through diagnosing, preventing and controlling reproductive management issues.
They also need to develop the skills needed to create case studies that demonstrate the following competencies:
- The written communication skills required to present case studies
- An ability to demonstrate their competence in observation, data collection, analysis, reasoning, decision-making and advice delivery in the area under discussion
- Reflective skills that enable them to understand the issues raised by the case and their practice more generally, what they learnt from it.