About the course
What better way is there to refresh and develop your veterinary ultrasound skills than attending this small group, hands-on weekend course in Pembrokeshire? This course balances both lectures and lab work using phantoms. During the labs, the attendees will learn to use the functions of the ultrasound machines provided.
Each attendee will be required to take a turn on the keyboards and transducers during each lab period.
Once the learning has finished, each day we will help you to immerse yourself in a coastal outdoor activity experience.
By the end of the course, the attendees will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Acquire & Optimise ultrasound images of abdominal organs.
- Perform a thorough abdominal ultrasound exam: find and evaluate gallbladder, liver, stomach, pancreas, spleen, intestines, kidneys, adrenals, urinary bladder, and prostate.
- Fluid aspirate and biopsy techniques.
- Make measurements of abdominal organs.
- Identify landmarks, identify and reduce artifact.
This course is sponsored by Eickemeyer.