VetPD How to take good Radiographs & Interpret them in Lame/Non-Lame Horses
Provided by VetPD - Veterinary Professional Development
About the course
This two-day practical course was developed for equine and mixed animal practitioners who are keen to further develop their skills in the field of equine musculoskeletal radiography, be it as a recent graduate or as a vet with extensive radiography experience.
The lectures will be held in English (no translation but with Polish translation), very practically applicable, and will focus on radiographic techniques and image interpretation in the lame and non-lame horse.
The panel of world-renowned diagnostic imagers will share common technical pitfalls, practical tips and tricks, erroneous image interpretations and pearls of wisdom openly and honestly with the attendees.
The intended goal of this course is for every attendee to be competent at taking radiographs of every part of the equine skeleton by the end of the 2nd day and to correctly interpreting them.
As part of the 9 hours of case-discussions and x-ray wetlabs on live horses attendees will get plenty of opportunities to further their radiography skills at the following stations:
- Acquiring good x-rays of the Foot, Pastern & Fetlock on live horses
- X-ray Technique of the Carpus & Elbow on live horses
- Acquiring good x-rays of the Tarsus & Stifle on live horses
- X-ray Technique for Shoulder & Neck on live horses
- Acquiring good x-rays of the Hip & Pelvis on live horses
- X-ray Technique for the Back on live horses
- Foot, Pastern & Fetlock Case-Discussions
- Carpus & Tarsus Case-Discussions
- Stifle Case-Discussions
- Elbow, Shoulder & Neck Case-Discussions
- Back, Hip & Pelvis Case-Discussions
- Pre-Purchase Case-Discussions
The course fee includes lunches at a restaurant, coffee/tea breaks, a wine & cheese reception, extensive electronic course notes and a certificate of attendance. Attendees can choose to only attend the lectures (= Lectures-Only) on this course or can register for the entire course (= Lectures, Case-Discussions & Practical Sessions).
This course is suitable for RCVS Modules: B-EP.3; C-E.4; C-E.6; C-E.7; C-E.15; C-E.17; C-VDI.4; C-VDI.5