This one day course is aimed at nurses (and vets) who have an interest in radiography, and a desire to improve image quality.
We will cover the practical physics of radiography, and why grasping this can help improve image quality. Topics will include the benefits of using grids and why distance is so important; commonly seen artefacts with a selection of example images; a refresher on positioning for thoracic and abdominal radiographs; and then critical evaluation of a wide range of example images.
- To improve your knowledge of the practical physics of radiography, and discuss how this can help your imaging.
- To better understand how the equipment works (including basic fault finding)
- Critically examine example a selection of sample images; specifically recognising, interpreting and resolving errors of acquisition
- Ensure a general understanding of thoracic, abdominal, spinal and appendicular imaging
- Openly discuss ideas for improving your radiographic images
Equipment and Facilities
BCF Technology will provide all the necessary ultrasound equipment. **Please note that because of the difficulty providing animals for scanning, delegates are kindly requested to bring a friendly dog with them for the duration of the day. It is important that the dogs can be clipped as appropriate for a complete abdominal ultrasound exam.**
10.00 - 10.30 Registration and coffee
10.30 - 11.15 X-ray theory (bit of physics)- and how it helps with imaging
11.15 - 12.00 Improving your x-rays - hints and tips
12.00 – 13.00 Practical- x-ray positioning for thorax and abdomen
13.00 - 14.00 Lunch
13.45 – 14.30 Ultrasound physics and knobology
14.30 – 14.45 Care of the Ultrasound Machine
14.45 – 15.00 Improving your Imaging – Hints and tips
15.00 – 16.00 Ultrasound Practical
16.00 - 16.30 Questions & Finish
BCF Technology Ltd, Unit 2, Block 3, City North Business Campus, Gormanston, Co. Meath, K32 ER81, Ireland
Speaker: Kat Evans BSc (Hons) Radiography