About the course
This is a 1-day course covering key elements of everyday practice for the professional EDT (BAEDT members only: veterinary surgeons also welcome to attend).
- Gross anatomy of the head and teeth
- Microanatomy of the teeth and associated structures
- Functions and physiology - mastication and more; Why rasp teeth at all?
- Pathology of the teeth - development, and progression
- Approach to maintenance dentistry; the oral progression
- Approach to remedial dentistry
- Dental equilibration using hand and motorized equipment
- Dentistry in the older horse
- Dentistry for donkeys
- Dental Equipment - what you need all the time, what you need sometimes
- Veterinary surgeons, the law and developing a working relationship
Chris Pearce CertEM (IntMed) CertES (Soft Tissue) DipEVDC(Equine) BAEDT MRCVS
Nicole Du Toit BVSc CertEP MSc PhD DipEVDC(Equine) DipAVDC(Equine) MRCVS
Nicky Brooks VetMB CertAVP(EP) MRCVS
Henry Bilson, BAEDT
Mark Thorne BAEDT
SAVE 15% when booking all four Key Skills courses! Enter voucher code:
key-skills-bundle at checkout.
This 3 day course covers the skills and knowledge to take your cases from the routine appointment into the clinic for further investigations and treatment.