BEVA Sedation, Field Anaesthesia and Castrations Fundamentals
Provided by British Equine Veterinary Association
About the course
Please contact the BEVA office if you wish to purchase the Fundamentals of Equine Practice package
The full course programme is currently being finalised.
The course will cover the following topics:
• Physical & Chemical Restraint
• Continuous Infusion Sedation
• Local Anaesthesia for Standing Surgical Techniques
• Short Term/Single Bolus General Anaesthesia in the Field • Prolonging General Anaesthesia in the Field
• When Things go Wrong!
• Complications of castration
• Practical sessions
o In-Field General Anaesthetics for colt castrations x 4 or more
o Horse Heads – palpation and ET / NT intubation
BEVA Member £240