VetPD Advanced Diagnostic & Therapeutic Techniques in Equine Dentistry
Provided by VetPD - Veterinary Professional Development
About the course
Please be aware that there are only a limited number of BEVA spaces available.
Over the past 20 years huge advances have been made in equine dentistry and new sophisticated diagnostic and therapeutic techniques aiming at dental disease prevention and dental sparing have been published.
This 2-day highly practical course is aimed at practitioners with a working knowledge in equine dentistry who want to deepen their understanding and especially their practical skills on diagnostic and therapeutic techniques.
The panel of internationally renowned specialists will be covering the following topics through highly-illustrated and practically-based lectures which will be held in English (with German moderation):
- Review of Equine Dental Anatomy
- Oral Examination Techniques
- Dental Radiography
- Routine Motorised & Manual Rasping
- Dealing with Cheek Teeth Overgrowths
- Incisors, Wolf Teeth & Canines
- Pain Management in Dentistry
- Specific Dentistry in the Juvenile & Geriatric Horse
- Diagnosis & Management of Periodontal Disease
- Identifying & Managing Fractured Teeth
- Dealing with Infundibular & Peripheral Caries
- Oral Cheek Tooth Extractions – Decision Making & Techniques
Between both afternoons 7 hours of practical sessions will provide an intimate environment for attendees to develop their practical skills on live horses and equine specimens in true small groups (2-3 vets per specimen) at the following stations:
- Oral Examination, Endoscopy & Radiography
- Use of Motorized Equipment
- Incisor & Canine Extraction Techniques
- Local Anaesthetic Techniques (incl. TMJ)
- Periodontal Treatment Techniques
- Cheek Tooth Extraction Techniques
The course fee includes lunches, coffee/tea breaks, extensive course notes and a certificate of attendance. Attendees can choose to only attend the lectures (= Lectures Only) on this course or can register for the entire course (= Lectures & Practical Sessions).
On the evening of the first day all attendees are invited to attend the wine & cheese reception.
This course is suitable for RCVS Modules: B-EP.3; C-E.1; C-E.5; C-E.12; C-E.13; C-E.14; C-E.15; C-E.16