Starting your own veterinary business - building a business plan
Provided by British Veterinary Association
About the course
This course is designed for those who are thinking of opening a practice and need to start planning how they will make it work in reality.
The outcome from the day will be a business plan structure using the Balanced score approach to running a business. A proven and robust model for any business, it is especially useful for a veterinary practice regardless of ownership type or species.
The day will be very personalised, as delegates will populate a plan for their own business and build a working document that can be used for opening of their own practice. Using case studies and real life openings, the day will be fast paced and will role model how we can get a lot done in a little time.
This will not be theoretical …..if you really want to open a practice this course for you!
Please note there is a maximum of 20 places available on this course.
The five key things delegates will learn from this course are:
- How to plan a successful opening of a practice with case studies showing real openings
- How to populate a Balanced score based business plan that will work
- The importance of customer location and marketing - “no customers no business“.
- How to get their pricing positioned correctly so they do not fall into the strategic mistake of “charging what everyone else does round here”
- That opening a successful practice happens when you have a plan, and does not when you fail to plan