A Beginners Guide to Setting Up a Dog Walking and Pet Sitting Business
Provided by The College of Animal Welfare
About the course
Are you thinking of setting up your own pet sitting or dog walking business? Are you unsure about how to get started? Need some guidance with legal aspects, marketing, bookkeeping and general day-to-day running of your business? If this sounds like you, our two day course led by Kate Middleton could be ideal for you!
Kate runs her own successful pet sitting and dog walking business and will guide you through all the things you need to know to start up, and maintain, a fully-fledged business; sharing her experiences from along the way.
You will look at:
- Evaluating the market, yourself and identify training opportunities
- Defining your services, prices and creating effective marketing strategies
- Effectively logging client, insurance and tax records
- Identifying relevant legislation that is applicable to your business
- Generating day-to-day procedures including an equipment list