About the course
This course covers the active role a Veterinary Nurse plays in the management of wounds, highlighting the processes involved in safe and effective wound healing.
Veterinary nurses play an active role in the management of wounds. In order to carry out this role effectively and efficiently a good understanding of the processes involved in wound healing is required.
Complex or complicated wounds require a deeper understanding of wound healing and therapy: New bandage materials made of algae or soaked in honey; stitch techniques that relieve tension. These and more advanced wound management materials are covered during this Wound Management course.
Delegates will consider:
- How to assess wounds and set objectives
- ‘Advanced’ wound management principles: delayed union and second intention healing
- What to do with delayed healing and chronic wounds
- How to develop your role in practice
- How to select and apply dressings
- Wound closure including tension relieving techniques
There are no other course dates scheduled at CAW Edinburgh. Would you like to request one? Please contact us.