About the course
Veterinary nurses play an active role in the management of wounds. In order to carry out this role effectively and efficiently, a good understanding of the processes involved in wound healing is required.
This course will look at wound management from the moment patients present to the clinic, including:
- Whole patient assessment and considerations
- Which lavage fluids and when
- The importance of understanding the wound healing process
- Options for wound debridement
The best options for dressing open wounds will be discussed, along with the best options for particularly difficult wounds to heal.
Additionally, we will look at the most common reasons for non-healing wounds and how these can be addressed. Delegates will consider:
- Triage and assessment of the wound patient
- Effective lavage and debridement techniques
- What dressings are available and how to best select them