About the course
From parvo virus to FeLV, how much do we really understand about infectious diseases? Whether a common presentation or an unusually rare case, lets discuss them all!
How are these diseases spread and how can we avoid our patients becoming ill? Which organisms are currently the biggest threat? What’s the latest in treatment options? What can I do as a nurse to really make a difference?
By providing an insight of the pathophysiology of these diseases you can fully understand how these diverse range of organisms are transmitted and cause disease. As well as why we choose certain drugs and how your nursing skills can really make a difference.
We will cover parvo virus, lungworm, feline infectious anaemia, leptospirosis, FeLV, FIV, and HGE amongst others.
You will learn:
- Clinical Signs – what owners may notice
- Clinical Examination – subtle changes and what they mean
- Diagnosis – not as straight forward as it may always seem!
- Management – what drugs for which bugs? ins & outs, nutrition, & CRIs
- Prevention – always better than cure!
- Nursing considerations – how can you make a difference?