About the course
This course is designed for both student and qualified veterinary nurses wishing to expand their knowledge in regards to the treatment of renal disease in dogs and cats.
The course will deliver current information on:
· The various forms of renal disease including aetiology, signalment and clinical signs
· Diagnostic tools available and how these can be used to maximise efficient diagnosis
· The various stages of renal disease and complications arising from concurrent disease processes
· Treatment of renal disease (acute and chronic)
· Specific nursing considerations to include enhancement of urine production, diet and assisted feeding, electrolyte abnormalities, blood sampling and relevant parameters, NIBP and IVFT and the relationship between renal disease and anaemia.
· Ethical considerations (dialysis/renal transplant)