About the course
Embryo Transfer is growing in popularity throughout the Dairy industry. Having huge commercial advantages over other reproductive strategies, this is a service more and more of your bovine clients will look for.
Advantages of ET:
- Facilitates genetic improvement over a shorter period of time by obtaining a greater numbers of calves from stock with the best genetics profiles.
- Embryos can be transported nationally and internationally reducing the needs for long distance cattle movements.
- Exploit advances in reproductive technology such as embryo sexing and embryo slitting.
- Selection and preparation of the donor animal
- Collection of 7 day embryos using the 2 way flush system
- Handling freezing and storage of the embryos
- Search, harvest and grade bovine embryos.