About the course
Unstable diabetic? Looks like Cushing’s but the tests say ‘no’? Low T4, but is it really hypothyroidism? What is acromegaly? Should I worry about that hypercalcaemia? Does this sound familiar? Endocrinology is one of the most fascinating but taxing areas of canine and feline internal medicine. The clinical signs may be non-specific and the endocrine function tests equivocal.
However the exhilaration of transforming the quality of life for your patient and its owner can be extremely rewarding. Using a case-based approach, we will explore a number of endocrinopathies, to try and problem-solve scenarios you will encounter in daily first opinion practice.
What you will learn:
- Pathophysiology: understanding the mechanisms of endocrine disease!
- Investigations: applying the right tests at the correct time!
- Diagnosis: interpreting the numbers!
- Management: controlling endocrine disease but what about a cure?
- Monitoring: ensuring that you achieving optimal management!
Course Tutor: Grant Petrie MA VetMB CertSAC CertSAM MRCVS