About the course
Local anaesthesia is an under-used area of small animal practice and can be incorporated into many anaesthetic protocols that you will regularly carry out at your clinic. The advantages for your patients are huge. This highly practical course, accredited by the Association of Veterinary Anaesthetists, will help you to use local anaesthetic techniques effectively in your patients. You'll leave this course with the confidence to perform each technique studied. First you'll learn the theory, and then you'll practise the techniques in hands-on sessions with the direct support of the course tutors.
What you'll learn:
- The very latest guidelines for pain management
- Local anaesthetic techniques for orthopaedic, soft tissue and dental procedures that you perform in your practice
- How to use nerve locators for specific techniques
- How to use epidural and spinal anaesthesia in your patients
- The opportunity to practise all techniques described
This course is relevant to vets and experienced nurses in first opinion practice as well as those studying for further qualifications in anaesthesia.
Matt Gurney BVSc CertVA DipECVAA MRCVS
Carl Bradbrook BVSc CertVA DipECVAA MRCVS