About the course
The very nature of a surgical emergency means that you must make appropriate decisions, and take effective actions, without delay. Your patient's life may well depend on your actions. On this course you'll learn how to effectively manage common surgical emergencies that you are likely to see in your practice, for the best chance of a successful outcome.
What you'll learn:
- How to deal with pleural effusions and pneumothorax
- Surgery for diaphragmatic hernia
- What to do with your GDVs - gastropexy techniques
- Cystotomy and urinary tract obstruction
- Tracheostomy for acute upper respiratory distress
- Splenectomy and haemoabdomen
- Extensive practical guidance in hands on wet labs
- Confidence and practical skills you can put to good use with your next emergency!
Course Tutor: Aidan McAlinden MVB CertSAS DipECVS MRCVS