About the course
Consultation skills are vital skills for a veterinary nurse to master. This highly interactive course will cover everything that you need to know about nurse consultations, covering the diverse range of consultation types which you may be required to participate in in your practice: surgical admissions, discharge of patients and many more. This course will give delegates the tools and confidence to go back to their practices and take on fresh roles.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED INCLUDE:
- Models for consultations: using a consultation model to give your consultation structure and flow and also helping you keep to time. Clinical coaches will need to cover these for their SVNs
- Communication skills required to convey the issues that need covering
- How to perform a clinical examination
- Promotion of nurse clinics and consults – making them a success
- How to find your clients and get them in the door