About the course
Are you fed up of diarrhoea? Frustrated by regurgitation? Don’t know which diet to feed for IBD?
Gastrointestinal signs, such as vomiting, diarrhoea, weight loss and inappetence, are a very common reason for veterinary visits but these conditions can still be very frustrating to manage. In this full-day course, case-based material will be used to discuss the diagnostic approach to common gut disorders seen in general practice. The treatment plan for these cases will also be discussed, with a particular focus on nutrition. This course will be suitable for experienced practitioners and those who want to improve their knowledge in gastroenterology.
Topics to be covered include:
- Investigation of chronic enteropathies, including use of newly available diagnostics
- Management of chronic enteropathies, using dietary and medical therapy
- Causes and management of regurgitation
- Nutritional approach to food intolerances
- Management of pancreatitis in dogs and cats
Lecturer: Isuru Gajanayake BVSc CertSAM DipACVIM DipECVIM-CA DipACVN MRCVS
RCVS Specialist in Small Animal Medicine (Internal Medicine)
American and European Specialist in Small Animal Internal Medicine
American Specialist in Small Animal Nutrition