About the course
Too many hormones, or not enough! Endocrinopathies can be challenging to diagnose, with variable clinical presentations and imprecise diagnostic tests leading to the possibility of missed or incorrect diagnoses. During this CPD day hopefully you will become more comfortable and confident in diagnosing and managing a range of endocrine disorders including hyperadrenocorticism, hypoadrenocorticism, thyroid, pituitary and parathyroid disorders.
Topics to be covered include:
- Hyperadrenocorticism: an update on diagnostics and treatment monitoring
- Hypoadrenocorticism: getting to grips with DOCP
- Hyperthyroidism: medication, surgery, I-131, diet….. which is best?
- Conns syndrome
- Hypercalcaemia with focus on idiopathic hypercalcemia of cats and primary hyperparathyroidism in dogs
- Acromegaly: when should I test and what comes next?
Lecturer: Fiona Adam BVM&S DipECVIM-CA MRCVS
European and RCVS Specialist in Small Animal Internal Medicine